Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 484

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 484

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 113

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 113
American Hosta Society Forum - View topic - Post some of your favorite Hosta bed pictures
It is currently Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:42 am

Post some of your favorite Hosta bed pictures 

Post Post some of your favorite Hosta bed pictures
I've got another area in my back yard I plan on turning into a Hosta bed!. Over the last couple years, I have been trying to get grass to grow in an area of my yard that is mostly shade. I'm going to give up on the grass this year and build another bed for my hostas. At the present time I have a few hostas, about 6 or 8 jack in the pulpits, a dozen nice ferns in this area. This is a good size area 10 ft. by 6 ft. and it has the woods as a back drop. The only thing I plan to do so far is to run a dry creek bed though the center. I can use some help with ideas! If you can post some pictures,I would really like to see how some of you pro's display your hostas. If you could give me an idea of some of the faster growing hosta variates that won't completely blow the budget of full time student that would also be helpful.I have been checking the internet looking at some varieties but your knowledge would very helpful. Thanks Jim Medberry

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:20 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Post some of your favorite Hosta bed pictures
Not exactly hosta but I like it!
Mount Ragmore

More hosta!

A serene spot.........

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Here's some pix of my crowded beds! :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Some more.......

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Quote:
Here's some pix of my crowded beds! :)
Roxanne

I real advantage to "over" planting is; hosta will choke out other plants cutting down on weeding.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 am
Profile E-mail

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 am
Profile E-mail

I agree, Butch. I plant all of mine way too close for proper display of each plant, but weeding gets harder as I get older.
Beautiful pics, everyone!
Linda P

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Great gardens, everyone!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Quote:
I agree, Butch. I plant all of mine way too close for proper display of each plant, but weeding gets harder as I get older.
Linda P

Don't know about you but I plant mine to suit me and I think yours look great.
I am going to plant a steep slope at the entrance to my cave as thick as I can to avoid weeding the spot. I guess I really like it all!

Don't know about you but I'm older right now than I ever have been.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail

[quote="Butch Ragland Don't know about you but I'm older right now than I ever have been.[/quote]
Me, too, Butch!
Linda P

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail