Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 484

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 484

American Hosta Society Forum - View topic - family tree of hostas
It is currently Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:28 pm

family tree of hostas 

Post family tree of hostas
I was wondering if there is a sight or resource where I can find the family tree (the sports and crosses) of hostas. I remember reading an past article in the journal that had some of this information. But has anyone posted this information on the web. If so where?

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: family tree of hostas
I've never heard of one. Don Rawson has a list of specie hosta, which are the back bone of all cultivars. If you find one, please let me know, for I hear people saying, "... it must have xxxx in it's background because...."

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail

The closest thing you'll find is the database Hugo Philips has put together. This is an example for instance of what 'Hyacinthina's offspring is shown, and then the fun begins when you start clicking through on some of the sports. Take 'Gold Standard' as a starting point for example, then go on to 'Striptease'. Have fun going through Hugo's site......

Pieter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 am
Profile E-mail WWW

thanks for the link. I've been enjoying learning the family connection of my hosta's. Now I'll begin planting many of them by their family tree to compare and contrast them and to hopefully make some interesting mass plantings.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 am
Profile E-mail

That is very helpful, pieter. Thank you.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail
You can check out this site also.

http://myhostas.be/sports/

Lots of things to check out if you do some clicking around, especially check out the links.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 am