It is currently Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:21 am

Scape fascination on Royal Standard 

Post Scape fascination on Royal Standard
Does anyone has an advise on how to deal with a fascination on my Royal Standard hosta? There are no other leaves on it..,

Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:31 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Scape fascination on Royal Standard
Just leave it, don't bother doing anything other than watch it grow proper leaves in the second flush. It is highly unlikely the plant will exhibit the same fasciation next year. Fasciation is thought to be influenced by temperature at certain stages of development of the dormant plant and is something that is seen in a large variety of plant species. I've has lilies with fasciation, hostas and others and never have I had it occur on the same plant two years in a row. If you do a bit of googling you'll find fasciation expresses itself in a variety of forms, but always is something to do with the scape, it's either fused as multiple stems or it grows an unusual set of bracts that look like it's almost a second plant. I'm always fascinated by how it's expressed, do you have a picture you can post?

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW