Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 484

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 484

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/america5/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 113
American Hosta Society Forum - View topic - What's your all time favorite hosta?
It is currently Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:25 pm

What's your all time favorite hosta? 

Post Re: What's your all time favorite hosta?
Quote:
I've often wondered if all of the PG's in the trade are really H.'Paul's Glory'.

Most of us have a TC H.'Paul's Glory' and it will be similar to the actual plant that was TC'd,
was that plant "THE" plant Pete showed you. Who knows? And probably not!

Go back to my photo of H.'Paul's Glory' and tell me which of those leaves you will bring to show
on a bus? And if one TC'd my plant, how close would the little plants be to the original?

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Ok - a couple of my favs from Whamadiddle..........

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by whamadiddle on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

the one i am standing in front off,sorry to many beautyful speciments out there to be limited

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail

If I could only have one hosta, it would be 'Sagae', much as I like 'Liberty', 'June', BME and many others.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile E-mail

I love all of the pictures. Someone suggested June last year, this will be it's second year... The H.'Kiwi Full Monty' looks really great!

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:29 am
Profile E-mail

A moment in time showing new growth late in the season on a young H.'Kiwi Full Monty. Not enough photo evidence
to show much, BIG BUTT it was pretty on that day.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:46 am
Profile E-mail

Orange Marmalade{great color} is one of my favorites, as well as Guardian Angel,and Whirlwind is a great addition to anyone's garden.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 am
Profile E-mail

From the comments here it is not surprising to find that June, Sagae and Liberty are consistently in the top 10 favorites. I do like June and it is consistently the one in my garden that gets the most attention and comments from visitors. Must admit that I've been very keen this spring on Fire Island, that bright yellow this time of year almost makes it look aglow. And how could I overlook Blue Mouse Ears....

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

My favorite hosta today is Sagae. I buy and buy newer ones but when I see Sagae's form and grace, I continue to be thrilled.

Sun May 10, 2009 12:03 am
Profile E-mail YIM

My Favorite last year and so now far this season is 'Majesty' I know...I know.... Just another 'Sagae' sport with wider margins....there's a few. Ivory Coast and Liberty come to mind. 8-)
My plant is a jaw-dropper. I have even wondered if mine is a better sport. I just gets bigger every year.

To put this back on topic...All time favorite Hosta here is Montana Aureomarginata.
I have several runner-ups!!

Sun May 10, 2009 2:39 am
Profile E-mail